1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Roscoe Century 5 MM std+ "cul de sac"

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bass nitro, Dec 3, 2018.

1. bass nitro

bass nitro

Feb 21, 2011
    BG,SZ
    Hi,there everyone.Need any help or info about Roscoe Century 5 MM std+ .I found this bass on bassdirect.co.uk site ( here is link to it:
    Roscoe Century 5 P/J STD+ Cherryburst five string Roscoe Bass Guitars: Aguilar pickups and preamp :: For sale, UK, Custom hand made basses, exclusively at Bassdirect, UK, EU, Warwick and i liked it,but there is none info about this particular model on internet,so i did sent email to Roscoe service centre and here is the answer to me from them:

Rik Helderman

Production/Assembly Manager:

"Sound wise this resembles an old mid 70’s Stingray bass. Comes with the Aguilar MM5 pick up (this model is also available in a 4-string) and OBP-1 boost only Treble/Bass active eq and a single volume. Can also be upgraded with a J5-HC neck pickup and or OBP-3 3-band active eq."
    So far,so good,but this particular bass from the link is Bartolini pups and electronic with.Bear in mind that i have wrote down link to it in the email to Roscoe.I am confused right now how to gathet any information about what year is,what kind of sound might be expected from etc.?
    It is seems that even at Roscoe did not know about ehat is going on with their production.Funny i should say.Any help should be appreciated.
    BTW - i spoke about this one with TB member Gard,already,but hi is not in position to help me.
    Have a nice day.

2. Sid the Kid

Sid the Kid Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Illinois
    There is a small video of said bass being played on the link you posted. It sounds great. I would wager it is a semi custom piece, as the neck and body look pretty standard for a Roscoe. I have a bass with similar pickup configuration and you should be able to mimic almost any Fender sound as well as have several thicker humbucker tones to use.

3. bass nitro

bass nitro

Feb 21, 2011
    BG,SZ
    I do not think it is very same bass like configuration,but thank you about your opinion and time.

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Roscoe basses are very customizeable. They are hand built and generally, no two are the same. Century is the body shape, every thing else is up to whatever the customer orders.

So this one has dual MM humbuckers. Looks to be pretty new. If you want a huge Stingray sound with the playability and balance of a Roscoe, here you go. This will be an amazing bass.

bass nitro likes this.