1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Roscoe Century Signature 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by zac2944, Jul 9, 2014.

1. zac2944

zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Price:
    $2300
    Strings:
    Roscoe Century Signature 5 w hard shell case. Has an amazing Spalted Purpleheart fretboard that has a beautiful reddish streak on Purpleheart. The bass is in excellent condition - very clean. This Roscoe has the upgraded Diamondwood nut and the distinctive growl of the bass is just great. Also mellows out nicely with the Bart pre amp.

Beautiful looking and playing - if you covet the 35" scale in order to have a strong 'B', but you have trouble with 35's - you may find this a bit easier to play, due to the extended top horn. It is the easiest 35" I've played.

Wanting wider string spacing? This one has it - full 19mm (3/4"), just like it's 4-string brothers. Less adjustment when going back and forth between 4- and 5-string basses.

Like other Roscoes, it has the cutaways behind the fingerboard (above and below) to facilitate slap, if you favor that style of play. They don't show well in the pics, but they're there.

Condition: I'd call it 9/10. I've gigged this bass, but taken good care of it. Some minor swirl marks and smudges, but nothing that shows up in photos.

Has Keith Roscoe's letter in the HSC (which is included), which gives the specs below.

Price is $2300, includes shipping and insurance, PayPal only, CONUS ONLY. The Roscoe Century Signature 5 sells new for $4400+. This one is super clean and just gorgeous for a great price.

Cash is king, but trades will be considered. Trades must be 5-string and less than 10lbs. Preference to Jazz 5s. Trade value: $2800. Will consider bass of lesser value +cash. Let me know what you’ve got.

Specs - Roscoe Century Signature V
    Serial Number: 5321
    Case: Deluxe Hardshell Case Included
    Made In: Greensboro, NC USA
    Neck: Bolt On 5-piece all quartersawn maple/wenge/purpleheart/wenge/maple “Wedge” neck (the heel of the center lamination is wider than the headstock) with matching Quilt Maple Headstock Overlay
    Fingerboard: 24 Spalted Purpleheart w/ 12th Fret Inlay
    Body: Swamp Ash
    Top: Exhibition Grade Quilt Maple Top
    Finish: Amberburst
    Scale Length: 35"
    Width at Nut: 1 7/8"
    String Width at Bridge: 3"
    String Spacing at Bridge: 3/4"
    Overall Length: 45 1/2"
    Weight: 9.0 Lbs
    Pickups: 2 Bartolini Soapbars
    Controls: 1 Master Volume, 1 Pickup Blend, Treble Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut, Mid Boost/Cut w push pull freq selector.
    Output Jack: Black, 1/4" Side Mounted
    Preamp: Bartolini 3 Band 18v
    Bridge: Black Hipshot
    Tuners: Black Gotoh
    Pickup Covers: Black
    Knobs: Black

Roscoe20Bass202.
    Roscoe201.
    photo6-1.
    photo5-1.
    photo3-1.
    photo8-1.
    photo7-1.
    And an action shot for good measure.
    _MG_0079.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    Fred312b likes this.
  2. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

Very nice bass for sale here!
    GLWTS

zac2944 likes this.
  3. FunkyMcNasty

FunkyMcNasty Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2010
    CO
    PM'd

4. bass12

bass12 Say "Ahhh"... Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    That's a great price and a gorgeous Century.

5. zac2944

zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Hit me three times: Bump Bump Bump!

6. zac2944

zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Just an update. There is a mid boost cut knob. I left that out in my original post. Now edited above.

7. zac2944

zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Weekend bump. Who wants a Roscoe. Get yer Roscoe here.

8. zac2944

zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Bump city!

9. zac2944

zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    And sold!