SOLD Roscoe Century Standard 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Maynjo, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Maynjo

Maynjo Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Jacksonville, NC
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hey all, up for sale I have a practically new Roscoe Century Standard in Surf Green Metallic with a Roscoe Deluxe Gig Bag. Just received this bass about a month ago from Bass Direct in the UK and I can't stop playing it. It's the smoothest playing 5 string I've ever played. It's super light at right around 8 lbs. It is a 35" scale and is made of Swamp Ash with a Maple Neck and Birdseye Maple Fretboard. It is fully passive with a volume/blend/tone setup. It is strung with a brand new set of GHS pressurewounds. This is my first bass with a P/J setup and turns out it's just not for me. It is absolutely beautiful and in mint condition. The only issue, and I didn't even notice it until I was taking pictures to post it on here, is it appears that they drilled too far on the bridge and there is a small screw hole on the back. I pulled up the pictures from Bass Direct and you can see it on there as well, so it came from the factory that way. It's barely noticeable and on the back side. When this sells I plan on finally ordering a Roscoe to my specs, likely with the Aguilar 5m/J-HC setup, So, please no trades. Thanks for looking, price includes shipping CONUS.

IMG_0580.JPG IMG_0581.JPG IMG_0582.JPG IMG_0583.JPG IMG_0584.JPG IMG_0585.JPG IMG_0586.JPG IMG_0588.JPG IMG_0589.JPG Front.jpg IMG_0587_LI.jpg RE1_LI.jpg
    344A180E-64D4-4649-BD78-3E7139CB7EA7.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    scottm, feschyn, DrZ and 13 others like this.
  2. Maynjo

Maynjo Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Jacksonville, NC
    TL;DR
    Roscoe Century Standard
    Swamp Ash Body
    Maple Neck
    Birdseye Maple Fretboard
    Factory wired passive volume/blend/tone
    35" scale
    8 lbs
    Black Hardware
    Gotoh Tuners
    Mint condition, with a small drill hole on the back that came from the factory.

G RICH 5, Freddy-G. and Fred312b like this.
  3. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

This would be so cool with my cover band.

herndonbassist and Maynjo like this.
  4. SteveC

Which color is more “true” the blue or green?

5. Maynjo

Maynjo Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Jacksonville, NC
    In the pictures? Probably the green from the pictures I took. The bluer color is from bass direct. The amount of sparkle it actually has is truly hard to take a picture of.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Fred312b likes this.
  6. SteveC

So when the P pickup is soloed, it gets you that P sound? These are hum canceling right?

I was debating having a Century built with just the P pup in the sweet spot, but this is darn close.

7. Maynjo

Maynjo Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Jacksonville, NC
    Yeah they’re hum cancelling. It’s also factory wired passive with an orange drop cap, but it has the battery slot in case you wanted to add a preamp. I’d say it gives you a P bass tone but with a little bit of Aguilar flare to it. I’ll add a picture of the wiring to the original post.

Fred312b and SteveC like this.
  8. Maynjo

Maynjo Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Jacksonville, NC
    Price drop!

9. herndonbassist

herndonbassist Low Down Thumper

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    This is gorgeous! I think if my Century had this PJ setup, I'd be much more satisfied with it.

Maynjo likes this.
  10. very cool , really love the color and the fact that it's passive.
    if my daughter wasn't getting married in 6 months ( read big expenses ) this would be my new five'r.
    Glwts !!!

Maynjo likes this.
  11. Maynjo

Maynjo Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Jacksonville, NC
    Sold, pending funds.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021