Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roscoe Customer Service

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tritone, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    I just wanted to give props to Gard and the crew at Roscoe. I sent them my new SKB3007 for a little warranty work, and they shipped it back to me in less than a week. I received it back today, and the thing plays perfect. It's nice when a builder obviously takes pride in their work, and provides top notch customer service to back it up.

(mods please move this if necessary)

2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...man, it was tough packin' that one back up and sending it out...sounded like the voice of doom through the 3R*...

:D

...glad to hear she's safe & sound at home, where she belongs.

*(Roscoe Reference Rig, aka Gard's big rig that don't fit in his apartment....)

3. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    Well, time to sing Gard's praises again!!! I sent the bass back to Roscoe recently to have them swap the Bart pre for the Demeter pre (which is the ticket with the wood combo in this bass). Not only did Gard get it back across country to me in a week, Keith took his own time to clean up the frets for me as a courtesy. The bass sounds and plays great!

Thanks again Gard and Keith!

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Noooo i cant afford to have roscoe gas again.

5. wouldnt that be the R^3 notthe 3R.........

just messin guys, sooner or later i WILL have a roscoe

6. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Gard does rule

Rob

7. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Just registering.

Yup. Roscoeheads love their Roscoedudes! In a very brotherly type of thing. Calm down everyone.

8. cuebill

cuebill

Nov 26, 2005
    Bluefield, WV
    I just officially placed my order for a matching pair of Roscoes this weekend and Gard has been nothing but accomodating to me. It is nice to see a company thinking ahead for my needs and combining their experience with my ideas, rather than just the sale of a prouct.

I'll post a new thread later on these as the progress actually gets rolling.

Thanks to all of you at Roscoe Guitars!

9. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Tritone, excellent news, I'm very happy to hear it arrived safe & sound, happier still that you really dig the Demeter (which is my personal favorite as well!). We were happy to take care of that for you, thanks for the kind words man!

Figgy, sure you can! Just sell some body parts, you'll be fine! :eek: ;)

Jacksons, well...it's 3M for Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing, so 3R for Roscoe Reference Rig seems to work for me! :p :)

Rob, we've been through this before, I don't rule....Keith & the guys do! :D

Bob, er...you're a nice guy and everything, but sometimes you make me nervous, in a "don't bend over and pick up the soap" kinda way.... :bag: ;)

BILL!!!! First post and here in a Roscoe thread, I'm honored! Y'all, Bill's gettin' a pair of DECKED OUT 4's from us...these are gonna be very cool...can't wait to get 'em in production and start sending him photos to share! :D

10. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I've never had good service from these guys. Most of the time they just hurt my feelings. Last time I was there, Keith tripped me and made me skin my knee. I pulled down my pants to look at my knee and Gard pointed and laughed:crying: I know I've threatened this before but I mean it this time, that's the LAST! time I pull down my pants at Roscoe's:bawl:

11. Shiveringbass

Shiveringbass

Aug 21, 2005
    France

Wov, two at the same time !
    I hate you
    :p
    :p
    :ninja:
    ;)
    :)

Seriously, two Roscoe... that's the best decision you've taken for a long time, for sure...
    :)

Sheers

12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Keith and I are both almost crying from laughing....you ain't right man! :spit:

:D

13. poptart

poptart Commercial User

Sep 13, 2005
    UK
    Owner: Bass Direct
    Good man - a great move, you'll love them.:hyper:

14. cuebill

cuebill

Nov 26, 2005
    Bluefield, WV
    I'm trying to not get overly excited about this, as I have been through all of that before with another company (un-named but very reputable), and then have my cloud burst after 5 months of waiting only to be laid off from my job when the bass was 2 weeks away from being finished. Perhaps that was best to happen anyways, now I am getting 2, count 'em 2 just as nice and perhaps more superior for nearly the price of just one that I was having built. I am just happy to have made the connection.

And to think I am committing myself to these without ever having played a single Roscoe. And 2 only because I can't decide which to get. Hope all of the rave reviews hold true. I don't feel I have any worries though, everyone involved has bent over backwards just to cater to my crazy ideas and ever changing mind. I guess what we don't realize is that Gard's and Keith's jobs don't really end after they leave the building. No, no, no, the Gard gets to go home and listen to the likes of people like me on his PC who just want, and want, and want! Gimme, gimme, gimme....LOL!

BTW Gard, do you think we can change that.........:p

15. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

I said in a brotherly kind of way! I'm sorry for your unjustifiable homophobic feers. Man oh man. :rollno:

16. I had a SKB 6 string for a couple years that I never fell in love with. But as a company, I have had some good experiences with Keith. it was nice to get him on the phone the 2 times that I called the factory. If Keith continues to refine the basses, I believe that they will rival anything else on the market.

Keithe used to make one hell of a great guitar. I wish he still produced them.They were outstanding at the time.

17. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Now that's what I call faith!:)

Oh but you're going to be s-o-o-o-o-o-o happy when you open the cases and see them in person for the 1st time!:D And you're going to be even happier when you hold 'em an play them for the first time!:bassist: And of course there's the ultimate experience......when you plug them up into an amp and actually hear them!:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Other than that, they're just normal ole' basses.....:bag:

18. PICK

PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Yes, Keith & the guy's do rule but as it turns out Gard is actually one of the guys. Ok he may not have a huge part in building the things but everything goes through his hands and whats a company without customer service?