1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Roscoe draws 'em in

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by RocketMusic, Apr 2, 2009.

1. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Hey, Gard - I wanted to let you know some exciting news from my shop. Roscoe basses are drawing folks to my shop from as far away as Richmond (4 hours east of here). It's happening once or twice a week now - someone will drop in on their way to wherever, based purely on the fact that I carry Roscoe basses and they saw my inventory online.

NC players show a lot of interest, too, probably because buying from me in VA is an easy way to avoid NC sales tax while still receiving the bass the next day.

The only other luthier we carry that has that kind of pull is John Suhr. That's great company to be in!

I chalk it up to:
    - reputation (Roscoe's, not mine)
    - quality ('nuff said)
    - exclusivity (can't get a Roscoe on every corner)
    - Internet buzz (Roscoe has it going on)

Way to be, Roscoe!!

2. :cool:

:smug:

;)

3. CliffD

CliffD Gold Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2008
    San Diego/Seattle
    I'm half tempted to come in, and I'm what 60 hours away?...:help:

4. calgone47

calgone47

Dec 25, 2006
    Hampton, VA
    Greg, my sister's up at Radford, and when I have to head up to help her move back, I will NOT miss the opportunity to stop in!

5. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Come one, come all! I LOVE meetings folks that I've gotten to know on TalkBass.

I'm frankly amazed how many TB'rs there are locally here in BFE Blacksburg, VA. There must be 2-3 dozen at least. Before TB, I probably only knew of 5-6 other bass players in the area.

6. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    A voice from somewhere in the corn field......

"Build them and they will come ...." :bag: