1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Roscoe fan

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by fishdds, Nov 28, 2006.

1. fishdds

fishdds

Nov 23, 2006
    Greensboro NC
    Well, I've been lurking for a few days on the Roscoe forum, and since I'm going to be ordering another one in Jan. 07, I had to get educated as to the latest and greatest. My name is David Fisher. I have an LG3005 burl myrtle/myrtle/diamondwood fretless already. Love it, of course. The bonus is that I live in Greensboro, NC, about 10 min. away from Keith's shop!:hyper: Also, I'm left handed, so since I have to order every bass I get anyway, I might as well get a sweet SKB3005 fretted! I play mostly in the band at my church, everything from contemporary praise/worship to souped up hymns to gospel styles. This is an amazing site, such an incredible amount of information to absorb.:)

2. Very cool, welcome aboard to another NCer. Sounds like we do about the same thing with our Roscoes. Theyre well suited for the job, dont you think?

3. fishdds

fishdds

Nov 23, 2006
    Greensboro NC
    Dave,
    Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I agree, the Roscoe is well suited for our uses. It's so versatile, and what a great singing tone! Of course, mine's fretless, so there IS that limitation, but I should be able to round out the rest of my needs with the bass I'll be ordering soon. (seems like good timing with the recent addition of the Nordstrand option) What church do you attend in Wilmington? Mine is Westover church here in Greensboro:http://www.westoverchurch.com
    Now if I could just get the sound man to properly EQ and represent the bass in the mix, :help: I'd be in business.:D
    -David

4. I go to Wesley Memorial United Methodist Church, and Im lucky enough to have a small enough sanctuary to be able to fill it easily with my own amp, so I dont have to worry about the soundman.

Youre lucky to be in Greensboro, youre probably within 15 minutes of the Roscoe shop. If you havent noticed it yet, check out the Roscoe Forum in the Sponsored Forums section of the site. Lots of cool stuff in there.

5. fishdds

fishdds

Nov 23, 2006
    Greensboro NC
    I know what you mean about being lucky to have a small sanctuary. Our band played at a small church a few weeks ago, and it was so nice to be able to have complete control over my sound. I didn't even run through the house system. But with a worship center that seats close to 3000, I'm at the mercy of the sound man for sure. At least it sounds good in my head with the Aviom system and Shure E5s we use. Anyway, I went by Keith's shop last night (it is about 10 minutes from my office) and talked to Gard about an upcoming order:hyper: Man, I love the smell of that place. I could just hang out there.