Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roscoe Finish Flaw ... Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lsu921, Jul 6, 2004.

1. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Addis, La
    I'm looking at a used Roscoe LG3005, and the seller says there is a finish flaw in it. I'm wondering if anyone has seen anything similar. He says it looks like a bubble in the clear coat, but he can't feel anything. My concern is that it might get worse. A picture is attached...

P.S. Does 1300 sound high considering the flaw?

2. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    So long as it sounds good and it's in decent shape, $1300 doesn't sound unreasonable. Keep in mind that most finish flaws are repairable.

3. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    I don't think it will ever worsen. It's hard to tell from the size of the picture but it appears to be similar to finish flaws that I've seen when an addition clear coat is applied prior to the previous coat curing completely. The finish that Keith uses is so hard that it can't typically be stripped off. It has to be sanded off. Chances of it being repaired are slim to none with out a total refinish. If you can live with it as is, I'd say for $1300 jump all over it! Great basses!