Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roscoe Fretless 5 Sound sample

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Peter Parker, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    ROSCOE Fretless 5 sound file
    Hello. Here is a file of the Roscoe fretless 5 I recently bought. Several people have requested sound files so recorded this little ditty a few minutes ago. I played the same boring line a few times with different pan positions of the pickups. The first is both p/u's on full. The second is both but with the neck favored. The third is just neck. Forth is both with bridge favored. Fifth is bridge. It's totally flat, bass plugged straight in with no preamp. You get a little idea of what this bass can do but it needs to be heard in person.

Edit: The second file(MP3) is the same as the first but in MP3 form for faster download instead of Wav.

Roscoe Wav

Roscoe MP3

To those who replied before: I'm sorry I deleted the earlier thread. I was having trouble with my page and decided to delete the page and start over. Things should be fine now.

2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Here's a bad pic of the bass being played.

[​IMG]

3. I think I like sound clips more than pictures now.

That sounds great. Reminds me why I need a fretless soon. So expressive.

I dig the first and last run the most, I guess full on and bridge pup only.

Thanks a lot, sounds excellent.

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Cool, thanx, Peter. Sounds quite a bit like my Roscoe SKB 3006. Major mwah on that bridge p/u.

5. What kind of strings do you have on it?

6. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    The strings are D'addario XL5's nickle 45-130. I like them and will also try some Slowwounds at some point.

7. Sounds like my SKB fretless 5 too!!

I wish I knew how to post sound files. I've got some for my bass.

You can email me if you want and I'll swing them your way.
    jbowen@kma.com

8. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    You know what? This place needs a "sound clip repository". Everybody would have to indicate

- what bass
    - pickup settings
    - strings
    - amp / stuff used to record

I think that'd be awesome.

9. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    YES! that would be sweet. also a pic of the bass played and all the details like the woods the bass is made of.

10. I like the idea too.

Would that be a new thread or a new permanent section of Talkbass?