Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roscoe, I chickened out and got a Pedulla

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jvbjr, Jan 24, 2005.

1. jvbjr

jvbjr

Jan 8, 2005
    I was all set to get a Roscoe but decided even though most people said positive things, there were negative comments as well. I got a 6 string fretless Pedulla, Hexabuzz instead. This is my third Pedulla fretless, I have a Pedulla ET-6 zebrawood as my fretted bass. I never had a Pedulla problem and figured this was the safest route for me.

[​IMG]

2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    ARRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I hate you!! I had my eye on that bass!!!

:bawl:

3. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Wow! That's a beauty! How do you like the j/j pups? (I have a Buzz 4 with p/j config)

4. jvbjr

jvbjr

Jan 8, 2005
    All of my fretlesses have been 6 strings, first I had a ME Hexabuzz, then an ET-6 fretless w/ diamondkote and now this bass. The soapbars on the ET did not sing as well as the J/J and the direction sheet in the case says to use the bridge pup exclusively for that singing tone, I run it about 80~90% bridge. Given that info, your P would not get much use.

5. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Congrats, that's beautiful!! Fantasic color !!

Hey, if the Pedulla's have been working out for you it makes great sense to stay with them :D

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    that's a great looking bass. i used to play a pedulla fretless 4 back in my 4 string days, i really liked it.

7. jv,
    Looks great man! Congrats!

The only bad Pedullas I have played were the demos at Guitar Center. You know the ones -- overpriced, neglected by staff, dead strings, bow in the neck, etc.

That should be a killer bass!

8. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! :crying: :bawl: :crying: :bawl: :crying: :bawl: I had my eye on it too (not that I could afford it) But that bass is THE object of my GAS currently. BEAUTIFUL! I ask only one thing, that you kindly post a sound clip. I hope that bass is everythign you want. CONGRATS on a stunning new addition to a stunning (I presume) family.

9. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    When Bassists see a nice bass they say "Man thats Hot"
    Or "Sexy" or some other dumb thing... So Imma change it up a little

O thats ever so pretty!

10. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    Congrats on the Pedulla! I think you made a very wise choice in my opinion. I've always wanted to try out a Pedulla and I've heard nothing but glowing feedback on them, especially the fretless models. Have a great time playing it.

11. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I really love playing Pedullas. They play really nice and sound great. One thing I cannot get past is the body styles. Almost every one I've seen, something just looks wrong. Those ones-I really can't stand the roundness of the body, and the odd horns. It reminds me of a beetle, and I cannot stand how they look. With the Rapture, it looks like they got everything else right, but the really small lump of a lower horn just screws up the design.

I'm not hating on your bass. The top and the color are beautiful. I'm just stating my opinion on the body style. Enjoy it... The Buzz's have a killer fretboard!

12. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    You know, a few years back I said the same thing to myself about the body style but as time went on, something kept drawing back me to look at them, now I want one.

My only concern is, do they balance well with that shorter upper horn?