1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Roscoe LG 3000 w/Nordstrand and Audere Pre amp

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mike perry, Mar 16, 2008.

1. I am interested in purchasing a Lg 3000 with The Nordstrand DC4 pick ups and Audere 4 band pre amp. Has anyone played one with these specs? I have played a Roscoe set up with the normal Bartolinis but not with this.

The bass emporium has one that i love but I wanted to here some TB-ers input.

http://www.bassemporium.com/item.php?sku=5371

The bass looks gorgeous but I am not ready to pull the trigger yet. Any info would be great. Thanks

2. 2Loud4You

2Loud4You

Jan 18, 2008
    Norcross, GA
    Ask in the Roscoe section, you'll probably get more responses and quicker. The bass looks nice though. I've got an LG3006 with Bartolini's and absolutely love it!

3. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Mike,
    I have a Roscoe 3005 with the Nord p/u's and the Audere pre. I've also owned 2 other Roscoe's with the Nord p/u's and Aggie OBP-3 pre's. IMO the Nord/Audere combo is much more versatile sounding. I'm cabable of getting a bit phatter sounding tones (2 mid bands) and the Z-mode switch is very nice. The first 2 Roscoe's with the Nord/Aggie combo had ash bodies and they had a bit to much of a "in your face" tone for me. Fairly harsh upper mids. The 3005 that I have now is solid maple and much warmer sounding while still retaining some nice highs. Some of that is probably attributed to the Audere pre and some to the maple body.

I've owned several Roscoe's with the Bart p/u's and IMO the Nords produce a much clearer tone.