Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roscoe LG-3005 for sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by kgantzer, Jun 10, 2005.

1. kgantzer

kgantzer

Mar 6, 2004
    Ohio
    I have two Roscoes, and I need to sell one of them to acquire a fretless. I would prefer a buyer here before it goes to eBay.

Roscoe serial # 3911. Light amber stained figured maple front and back (very unusual). Center wood is either Spanish Cedar or Mahogany according to Keith Roscoe and Gard. I am guessing center wood is Mahogany based on other upgrades to this bass. Bone nut upgrade, wenge fingerboard and three-way active electronics from Bartolini, with Bartolini soapbar pickups. Controls are volume, pan, mid, and stacked bass/treble. Roscoe case included.

Legendary Roscoe low-B - incredible fundamental clarity. Extreemly versatile bass. A real professional's instrument.

Other pictures are available on request.

Condition: 9.5 / 10.0 (almost perfect, but not new).

PRICE REDUCTION:
    Asking $1450, plus shipping to USA or Canada only.

SOLD-SOLD-SOLD-SOLD-SOLD-SOLD-SOLD

2. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I'm interested in the pictures. Send them to msquared@gmail.com and I'll host them for you.

This is 34", right? How does the neck profile compare to a precision or a jazz or a Lakland? I've never had my hands on one but I love how they sound.

3. kgantzer

kgantzer

Mar 6, 2004
    Ohio
    Most, if not all Roscoe's have 35" scale, which contributes greatly to low-B definition. Definitely not like a Jazz. More like a Lakland, I think. The neck playability and feel is one of my favorite attributes of Roscoe basses. The satin finish is ultra smooth, not sticky like some lacquer finishes.

4. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Unless it's a special built Roscoe the scale would be 35".
    $1,500 is a great deal on a great looking bass. I'll pass the word to some local Georgia players that have been itching for a Roscoe!

5. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Not to beat a well beaten topic here, but the 35" scale is not really that big a part of the reason... the big contributor is the fantastic necks he builds. I'd just about guarantee you he could build a 34" scale bass that's just as dynamite on the B.

Mainly, tho, damn, one of the nicest LG's I've seen, and a very good price. If I didn't already have one I loved, you'd have a sale. Period. I'm sure it won't last long.

(bump)

6. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Keith has built a 33" scale 5 string before and he was surprised to find that he thought the B was just as huge as on his other basses. I'd say the neck is the biggest reason as well.

7. kgantzer

kgantzer

Mar 6, 2004
    Ohio
    Price reduced to $1450, plus shipping.
    Or off it goes to eBay. :crying:

The bass and I are located in Southwest Ohio (near Cincinnati).

8. kgantzer

kgantzer

Mar 6, 2004
    Ohio
    Q: What is the string spacing at the bridge?
    A: 2 7/8 inches, as measured from high side of Low-B string to low side of G string. Nut measures 1.75 inches across, and strings measure 1.5 inches from center of Low-B string to center of G string.

Q: Are you the original owner?
    A: No. Probably 2nd or 3rd owner, judging by the excellent condition.

Q: What's the body wood?
    A: Not 100% sure. But I am guessing Spanish Cedar or Mahogany. Pics available if you want 'em.

Q: How's the slap tone and action?
    A: Awesome! It's a Roscoe! I have the action set very low, and there are no buzzes or dead spots at all.

9. brownie_batter

brownie_batter

Jun 18, 2005
    i am interested in it. Are there any scratch's of nicks or is it just becuase it's not new?

10. kgantzer

kgantzer

Mar 6, 2004
    Ohio
    There are no nicks or scratches - this bass is very lightly used, and in "like new" condition.
    Thanks for your interest.

Kurt

11. Vibrascones

Vibrascones

Apr 9, 2005
  12. kgantzer

kgantzer

Mar 6, 2004
    Ohio
    reply email sent

13. SebBass

SebBass

Jan 7, 2004
    Montreal
    If the sale falls through, gimme a ring by e-mail !

Take care and good luck !
    Seb

14. did you sell the bass?

15. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    what payment do you accept ?

16. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    I smell a sale to a VERY lucky buyer... :)

17. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    email sent...tick tock tick tock...

18. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    DZ, you lucky bastage... ;)