1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD ROSCOE LG 3005...KOA FRONT AND BACK, PEARL INLAYS, GREAT PRICE

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TalBass, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Price:
    $1400 OBO
    Strings:
    According to Gard at Roscoe Guitars, my Roscoe LG 3005 was built between 1997 and 1999. It has a beautiful koa top and back, mahogany center, and pearl inlays in the fingerboard. The bass has been played, with some dings and wear that were there when I got it several years ago, but nothing since then, nothing that affects the sound or the playability of the bass, and nothing is visible from a few feet away.

The sound of this bass is wonderful, and it comes with Bartolini pickups and two band eq, volume and pickup blend controls. It has an almost new set of DR Marcus Miller strings. I've used it for jazz, country and rock, as well as at church. It seems to fit everywhere, from a smooth jazz and country vibe, to in your face rock, and it is a slap monster. It comes with a beat-up Roscoe case, but the case protects the bass and that's what it's supposed to do. I play with a very low action, and the neck is incredibly stable and fast. I set up my own basses, and after the first setup, and after I don't know how many string changes, I've never had to adjust the truss rod, even after moving from Florida to Washington. The bass weighs just under 9 pounds on my bathroom scale.

I never thought I would sell this bass, but I'm doing so for one reason only...at my age arthritis is a problem and the 35 inch scale is hard on my hand after longer gigs. I've moved to Sadowsky PJ 5 with a 34 inch scale and that helps. The Sadowsky is a wonderful bass, but the Roscoe has such a unique sound, and I certainly miss the famous Roscoe B string.

I'm asking $1400 OBO for the bass, plus the actual cost of shipping to the continental USA. This is way lower than most any Roscoe out there.

I have 100% positive feedbacks on Talkbass and 143 positive feedbacks on Ebay, with no negatives.

Please contact me if you have questions, and thanks for reading my ad.
    RLGFFT.JPG RLGBK.JPG RLGFTCL.JPG RLGBKCL.JPG

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  2. ivlucas

ivlucas Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    NICE Deal

3. SodaCity bass

SodaCity bass Bartolini Artist, MTD Artist, LaBella Artist Supporting Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Blythewood, SC
    Pm sent

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    DAAYYYUMMM!!

Get it WilsonMusic, so I can come play it :)

5. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Beauty!!!

6. khazol

khazol

Jan 29, 2007
    I cannot see the pics.

7. Can you repost the pictures? I can not see them. YOu can also email them to me at tewest86@gmail.com

8. Sorry about the pictures...don't know why they went away, but I reposted them...