1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Roscoe LG 3005

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tdubb7, Jul 6, 2016.

1. tdubb7

tdubb7 Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Pepper Pike, Ohio
    Price:
    $2000
    Strings:
    Here we have a lovely handmade Roscoe LG-3005 bass that’s a little different than most other 3005 models. It was part of a Limited Edition run made by Roscoe for the online bass store “The Perfect Bass” back in 2006/2007. This bass is no. 2 of just 12 basses made for this run, with some features not found on other 3005’s. These features include a body made from a single piece of beautifully figured and lightweight swamp ash instead of the usual 2-pc. Spanish Cedar body sandwiched with exotic top; satin finish (in a rich orange) instead of the usual high gloss found on most Roscoes, black headstock, and a special “TPB” serial number on the back of the headstock.

Other features are common to the more standard 3005’s of that time—ergonomic and elegant “3D” carved body (which really brings out the figure of the swamp ash body), belly carve, 35” scale, quarter-sawn maple-purpleheart-maple neck with purpleheart stringers, lightweight tuners. I believe the fingerboard is Pau Ferro. Custom Bartolini pickups and 18-volt preamp with volume, blend, stacked treble and bass boost / cut, and midrange cut/boost with a pull-pot to select frequency.

Couple of tiny dings on the body back (see photo) and one tiny ding on the neck about the third fret (there's a photo but it's hard to see). Top notch materials and superior craftsmanship make this a great bass to own and enjoy. The neck shape is a dream to play, and the tonal variety is amazing, from burpy jazz bass tones to ultra-bassy dub style, and everything in between.

Did I mention it’s really, really light? And sounds great?

I had someone ask a question about whether the light weight means that it's neck-heavy, so I checked, and I'm glad to report that it's less prone to neck-diving than my Pbass, which is similar weight. When I put the bass on with a strap, it stays at the angle I set it, and the neck doesn't pull towards the floor. Light tuners and a fairly slim neck, I suppose.

Comes with Roscoe hard case in excellent condition and bridge adjustment wrench.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  2. eottjake

eottjake

Jan 30, 2009
    Middletown, Ohio
    Ooph where was this 6 months ago

tdubb7 likes this.
  3. eottjake

eottjake

Jan 30, 2009
    Middletown, Ohio
    Great looking bass and steal of a price too. Glwts!

tdubb7 likes this.