Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roscoe LG3000 $1400 shipped

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by JRBrown, Dec 8, 2004.

1. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Today's Price: $1350.00 On HOLD.

Roscoe LG-3000 4-string bass for sale

After much consideration and hesitation I decided to sell my Roscoe. I'd like to keep it but I'm ready for a higher-end purchase. Problem is, I have 5 basses, so one has to go.

- 2002 year model
    - Tobacco burst
    - Heavily Birdseyed Maple board
    - Flame maple top on Mahogany body
    - Excellent condition (only 2 marks that I can see)
    - Bart dualcoil pups
    - Bart 3-band pre w/mid freq select
    - Roscoe case included
    - 2nd owner

# Trades considered for a Smith-4 Elite, Neck-through SC-4, or other very high-end 4-string bass (I'll add cash as required ;) ).

# I will also accept an amp as partial trade for now.

- Email for high-res pics

2. PM Sent

3. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Back at you.

4. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
  5. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    I got this from the Roscoe WWW. This is what the first owner had to say about this bass: (I'm the second owner)

"I just wanted to let you guys know that my LG-3000 has the best tone I have heard in any bass. The color is gorgeous and every time I play out with it, someone comments on the tone. It is almost impossible to get a bad tone! The SN of my bass is 4727 and I purchased it on March 7th (my birthday present to myself and the best gift I have ever given myself) from Alpha Music in Virginia Beach, VA. I use a Demeter pre-amp with a QSC PLX 1602 through a 4-10 Bag End Cabinet. This is one of those basses that you hate to put down!
    Thanks, Jack Sparagna
    < Later >
    Your basses are a fantastic value for the dollar. Six months after purchasing a LG-3000 I went and bought a LG-3005. WOW! I love the fretboard. It is one of the easiest 5-string fretboards I have ever played. I have never tried an _____, ______, or ______, etc., but I can't believe they could possibly be 3-4000.00 dollars better in tone! I will match my 5-er against any other high -end. Fantastic! Jack Sparagna"