Roscoe LG3005 or Pedulla MVP5?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by studg10, Nov 30, 2002.

1. studg10

Dec 4, 2001
    I have narrowed it down to these two basses. I just need some input on which one is better i.e. better sound, better playability, better deal. I can get either one for around 1700.

2. Here is my opinion. I have played a Pedulla Pentabuzz. Great fretless. I imagine that the MVP (fretted version of same bass) would also be great. I haven't played any Roscoes.

That aside, I think that playability and sound are going to be subjective. What sounds better to me might not sound better to you. What I think has a really fast, comfortable neck might not to you.

For instance, I play Dingwalls. These basses have a thin, flattish profile. I love this feel. In general, people who like Warwicks prefer a thicker neck, which the warwick has. While the Dingwall is fast to me, the Warwick I played was slow. I bet you would find Warwick fans who would find just the opposite.

Have you played either of these basses? If not, I suggest you do. $1700 is a lot to spend on something if it isn't just right for you.

3. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Roscoe LG3005 or Pedulla MVP5?

I've owned 2 Pedulla's (one 4-string and one 5 string) and they are excellent basses. They sound great and play good. But, IMO they don't play or sound as well as my current Roscoe's. I have a LG-3005 fretted and a SKB-3005 fretless (actually it's to be finished next week) and they are great instruments. I've played a couple of his 6-string SKB fretless basses (with Diamond Wood fingerboard) several times and they sound awesome! My choice would clearly be the Roscoe! With the 3-band pre-amp you can get so many usable sounds and the sound of the "B" string (35" scale) is second to none.:)