1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Roscoe LG3005 with Nordstrands and Wenge Wedge: $2100 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Asher S, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asher S

Asher S

Jan 31, 2008
    MA
    I just purchased this on TB about 1-2 weeks ago (http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=529783). I was curious about Roscoes and this seemed like the most reasonable way to try one.

It's a beautiful instrument, but alas it's just not quite for me. I guess 25+ years playing huge Fenders and EBMM SR 5 has made its mark on me.

I'm selling for exactly what I paid: $2100 shipped to the continental USA. I accept paypal only. No trades, thank you.

Here's the description from the original listing:

Bass was completed on 07/07, (#5370), and weighs about 8.5 pounds. Perfectly balanced. Mids can be cut/boosted at two different frequencies (push/pull knob). Specs are as follows:

• Exhibition Boxelder Burl on Spanish Cedar - $3750 + $400
    • Wenge Wedge Neck (Wenge/Yellowheart/Maple/Yellowheart/Wenge) - $600
    • African Tulipwood Fretboard - $100
    • Nordstrand DC5 Pickups - $275
    • Aguilar 3 Band EQ - $75
    • Diamondwood Nut - $75
    • Roscoe Hard Case -$200

The Roscoe hard shell case has the original letter from Keith Roscoe, the 2 allen keys, and the lock key for the case.

Although I am relatively new to TalkBass (with no significant feedback here), I have a 100% positive feedback rating on over 100 transactions since 1999 on the bay (ashman8).

If you're interested, please contact me at asher dot schachter at gmail dot com.

PHOTOS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Asher S

Asher S

Jan 31, 2008
    MA
    another image attached

3. PM Sent

4. Asher S

Asher S

Jan 31, 2008
    MA
    PM replied

5. dooft11

dooft11

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    nice pic bump

6. I. Want. Just got a new bass 2 days ago and this thing just gives me pain :) Whoever's gonna get it is gonna be HAPPY bump.

7. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Agreed....WOW!!

8. jphilauren

jphilauren

Nov 8, 2007
    PM'd

9. that's breathtaking! Great price too, shouldn't last long.

10. Asher S

Asher S

Jan 31, 2008
    MA
    Replied in detail...

11. Asher S

Asher S

Jan 31, 2008
    MA
    Someone asked for some audio samples. Here are 6 samples, all via GarageBand (no effects), with all EQ settings at the mid point. There are 6 samples:
    (bridge pickup, both pickups, neck pickup) x (lower register, upper register)

I just tried to play anything that revealed the tonal range of the instrument, nothing fancy here. The roundwound strings feel like medium gage-ish. I'm not sure what kind they are, but they feel and sound pretty new.

Someone better go for this soon before I come to my senses... This instrument is starting to feel pretty good after all...

12. bgartist

bgartist Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I'm very interested. Can you compare the cedar/tulipwood tone to ash/maple?

13. Asher S

Asher S

Jan 31, 2008
    MA
    Wish I could, but as I said in the original post, this is my first and only Roscoe. That's why I posted the audio samples above.

14. PM Sent

15. Asher S

Asher S

Jan 31, 2008
    MA
    PM replied...

Sorry everyone- I'm going to be a bit flakey. After I made those audio samples I kept playing and playing and playing this Roscoe, and now I can't put it down. I've decided to keep it. I apologize to everyone for the (totally unintentional) tease!

I'll close this thread now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.