1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

roscoe LG3006

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kazamamaster, May 11, 2006.

1. kazamamaster

kazamamaster

Sep 15, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Is this a rare model or what? I can't seem to find any pics anywhere other than the model Jimmy Haslip plays. Anyone have any?

2. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    It's not necessarily rare, per se, but most people who decide to go the 3006 route choose either the SKB body style or the Century Signature body style. :)

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    My lefty 6 Roscoe is going to be Century, FWIW.

:)

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    There's an LG3006 for sale at The Low End bass shop right now, IIRC.

5. kazamamaster

kazamamaster

Sep 15, 2005
    Richmond, VA

Why the SKB six over the LG six? Any opinions that I don't know about?

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I've read before that a six-string with the LG body was a bit more neck-heavy, as the body is smaller than the SKB and Century styles. Probably depends a lot on the body woods used though.

7. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    It really depends on personal preference, and most people have decided to go with either the SKB or Century. A lot of people prefer the look, and depending on the woods and the individual, some prefer the difference in weight distribution better. The difference in size and shape isn't profound, but there are differences that are significant enough that seem to give the SKB and Century body styles a bit of an advantage when you start to get up into the 6 and 7 string count. Similarly, virtually every 4-string Roscoe you'll see will be in the LG body style, and 3005s are pretty much split evenly between the LG and SKB. ;)

8. About 1 in 15-20 basses is an LG 3006, so it's somewhat rare, but not unheard of. We sell a LOT of LG 3006's in Japan, where Jimmy Haslip is very revered as a player, but here in the US they are considerably less common.

I do have one LG 3006 going out to a customer this week, and another on order for a dealer in the US, so we do make them!

That said, the reason we don't do them as often is exactly what has been postulated, they don't balance as well as the LG 3005, SKB 3006, or the Century models (my personal bass, and my personal favorite is a Century Signature 6). They are out there however!!!

9. Basso Gruvitas

Basso Gruvitas Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth TX
  10. perfektspace6

perfektspace6

May 9, 2006
    Maryland