Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roscoe question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassdr, Sep 29, 2002.

1. I have had my LG3005 now for a few weeks and have been loving it.

I just noticed that on the back control cover there is a hole that gives access to an adjustable pot. Anyone know what this is for?

2. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    I believe it is the mid freq adjust..either that or preamp gain adjust, but I'm betting the mid freq.

3. It has the mid frequecy pull/push pot. Does it adjust one of those frequencies?

4. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    My Elrick had two things: midrange adjust and a trim potentiometer to adjust the gain the bass.

My Lakland has the trim potentiometer.

My GW1 has the trim potentiometer.

My guess: one hole, trim potentiometer. The mid adjust would probably require more access.

All the above have Bart electronics.

5. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    that is the master gain for the preamp- very smart to have it accesible like that- i think. if you play more than one bass- its a good idea to keep the outputs close to even- it svaes a hassle when you switch from bass to bass- i make all of mine more or less the same- that way, if im using an envelope filter, for example- i dont have to tweak tthe sensitivity from bass to bass
    definitely not a mid freq selector- just a master gain- you must have the bart system

6. arcopizz

arcopizz Supporting Member

Sep 3, 2002
    Arizona
    I second that one; It's the preamp gain adjust. I recommend you take some time to set it up correctly for your system. The 18V output is pretty hot. I run my fretted at just above half and the fretless at about 3/4. That's my set up. Took about 20 minutes for each Bass to dial them in. Yours may differ depending on what you're sending your signal to. Glad to hear you are enjoying your new Bass!