Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roscoe SKB 3005 - $1,700

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Thumper, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    I'd like to trade for a fretless SKB 3005, or may trade for other high-end fretless 5. This one was my favorite bass until I discovered the fretless world.

It is a burl maple top, Spanish Cedar Body, spalted purpleheart board, and unfortunately, fretted. Mint condition.

leo.garcia@palm.net for email photos.

2. Thumper,
    Could you just pull the frets? Does Keith do that kind of work?

In the words of Aretha Franklin, "you betta think (think) think about what your tryin' ta do ta me..."

3. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    Zon4, the first thing I checked into was converting my SKB to fretless. Keith himself recommended I sell the bass and just buy a fretless on the basis that spalted purpleheart is too soft for a fretless board, a fretless neck would run around $1,000, and finally, the intonation point is different for a fretless which might require relocation of the bridge. The last point was the clincher for me, the top on this bass is too stunning to chance it.

4. Yow! Tough choices and tough decisions!

Well then, your loss will be someone else's gain.