Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roscoe SKB 3006 $1700

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Peter Parker, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I hate to sell this bass but my current gig calls for something a bit different than what I currently own. This bass has an incredible figured maple top, mahogany core, katalox fingerboard, Bart pups/electronics, and includes the Roscoe case. It is in brand new condition. Run trades by me but I'm particularly interested in an F Bass BN5 in some sort of finish other than natural. Price is $1700 shipped.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    Seriously, if anybody out there has ever considered investing in a Roscoe, this one is INCREDIBLE.
    I've seen it in person at Keith's shop and these pictures don't begin to do it justice. The top is just jaw dropping beautiful and the quality, fit and finish on the bass are amazing.
    $1700 is an absolute steal and I'm going to go talk to my wife right now about it! I know the answer I'll get with two Roscoes coming next week but it's worth a shot!
    Somebody buy this thing before I end up doing something I'm sure to regret.
    Bump for a seriously fantastic Roscoe.

3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    It pains me not to have the money for this right now. Would you be interested in an older Roscoe six? It has a poplar body with an ebony top and oil finish. Maple neck and fingerboard. EMG P in the bridge and J in the neck position. It's v/v/t right now but I'd have a preamp of your choice put in it. It's punchy as hell. I can send you pics and sound clips if you're interested.

4. jefframm

jefframm Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2003
    Atlanta
    Peter,

Just sent an PM with a possible trade + cash scenario.

Thanks,
    jeff

5. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Thanks for the interest everyone. Matt, when you come down to pick up yours, if you have time stop by the shop. I'm about two miles from Keith.

emjazz, I'm really needing something else right now or I'd keep this bass. It's still the best 6 I've owned but thanks for your offer.

Jeff. PM'd.

6. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    No worries. It does break my heart not to have the money for that beauty. I actually want another SKB3006 but with a flat top and 19mm spacing. I'll just have to see if I can make it as beautiful as the one you have there. Cheers.

7. You have pm...