SOLD Roscoe SKB-3006 For Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bassmanbob, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Hello Folks. I'm selling my Roscoe SKB-3006 in order to finance a Roscoe SKB-3005. I'm really not a six string player, otherwise I'd have this bass until I die. I am the original owner. I purchased it at Bass Central in the spring of 2003. The price is set firmly at $2,000+ shipping. Here are the specs:

Roscoe SKB-3006
    • Swamp Ash Body
    • Standard neck, length, string spacing
    • Spaulted Purpleheart fret board
    • Bartolini PUPs
    • Demeter preamp
    • Diamondwood nut
    • Box Elder Burl top

Condition: 98% perfect (see History)
    I dropped this bass on it's headstock onto my tile floor in January 2005. The trauma caused a small ding in the tip of the head stock finish. It is only seen when I look for it. No person has ever noticed it other than myself and the folks at Roscoe Guitars. Keith said that due to it being so well hidden and so small and minor, he recommended that I just leave it alone. The only other trauma was the preamp got damaged due to the drop. That was OK because it was a great excuse to have the preamp switched for the Demeter. I sent it there to replace the Bartolini preamp with the Demeter preamp last spring, and it just openned up the sound so nicely.

Roscoe Mojo:
    As stated above. If I were not switching to a SKB-3005, I'd keep this one. I plays great, sounds great and looks great. I can't say that it will improve your love life, but I've had a few ladies come up to me while I was playing to tell me how "pretty" my instrument was. Yes, I'm referring to this bass.

Attached Files:

2. Bassmanbob

Couple more pics. These are two pictures of the "ding". It measures 3/16" X 5/16". It is also in the tip of the headstock so it really doesn't get noticed; that's where the light shines off it obliterating it.

Attached Files:

3. Bassmanbob

One more body picture:

Attached Files:

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Oy! I GASed so bad for this one forever!
  5. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
  6. thanks for letting me know about this, however i need to wait until, at least, june for financial reasons :( --even though its a great price. i know im probably gonna kick myself for passing it up, :bawl: but she's a beaut, and the ding only gives her character :smug:
  7. Bob,
    I've GAS'ed over this bass for months. If it was a 5'er, I would be prying it out of your hands!

Just a suggestion -- the fingerboard is so stunning, how about a total bass shot to show the viewing audience what this bass has......?

Bump for a stunning bass. Hope it goes to a good home.
  8. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Wow, thats three amazing Roscoe 6 strings on here now!
  9. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Hmmm, I could order another one, or just buy this one.

10. Bassmanbob

This one is not as expensive as a new one, then I can order my 5. See. It's a win/win/win situation for you, me and the boys at Roscoe Guitars.:bassist:
  11. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

pleez, someone buy my crap!!!
  12. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Well, I might kick myself for this, but I am gonna have to pass it up. It is one heck of a sweet bass, but I think my next Roscoe is gonna have Nordie's in it, so it strays from my current one, tonally.

This sucks, because I got a huge tax return, and could send the cash right now.:meh: :(
  13. Bassmanbob

Possible buyer, pending the wife talk.
  14. Bassmanbob

As asked by someone interested, here are two more pictures with almost the entire neck & head stock and a closer look at the fretboard at the body attachment. I have to look on my home computer for a better headstock picture. Thiswas taken BEFORE the Demeter preamp was instaled. You'll notice the lack of the switch.

Attached Files:

15. Bassmanbob

I'm waiting for the outcome of the "Wife Talk". If I don't hear back within the next 24 hours, I'm assuming that the possible sale is off.

As of right now, it still seems to be available. Whoever gets this bass will be very happy.
  16. Tom7

Tom7 I'm so bright, my mom called me son! ;-)

Jan 31, 2000
    Eagle River, Alaska
    I am a BIG Demeter fan (I have a bass amp and 3 t-shirts to prove it), how does the preamp affect the sound? I wish there was a way I could hear it (ideas?).
  17. Bassmanbob

The switch doesn't change the sound too much, but in the down possition, it gives it a little more high midrange and the up possition it gives it more low midrange.

I too love the Demeter preamp. When I order my 3005, I'll get the Demeter in that too.
  18. Bassmanbob

Here's another picture. I've always liked this picture. It is a pre-Demeter pic.

OK. I know this is an excuse for a bump.

Attached Files:

19. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    This is a pretty serious bass for sure.

You seem pretty devout to the Roscoes (which is understandable :)) but would you consider a different 5 string in trade? PM me if you are interested.
  20. Bassmanbob

OK. Some more bumps, I mean pics.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.