Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ROSCOE SKB 6 String Fretless-RARE NeckThrough!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Peter Parker, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I didn't think I would ever sell this one but since it doesn't get any play and my wife is going back to school I suppose I could use the money.
    Here is a pretty rare Roscoe that you don't see very often anymore. This is the old SKB body style, neckthrough! It has a five piece body with an extremely figured maple top and back, accents, surrounding a great piece of mahogany and matching headstock. Bart p/u's and 2 band preamp and the Roscoe lightweight HSC. It's in excellent condition with just a few very small indentation's. It plays and sounds great. NO TRADES. $2500
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. that bass is stunning. what type of fingerboard is it? serial number?

3. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Hello. The fingerboard is cocobola and the number is 2222. This thing has a warmer growl and more mwah than the SKB 5 I had and you tried out. Very cool bass.

4. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Scott- i think that model was called a Skyscraper Iconn - i could be wrong- beautiful bass!!

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Unique Roscoe! Very cool.

6. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Yeah it was which is essentially where SKB comes from: SKyscraperBass. And also given the quality of top would designate it an Icon. It's great bass which makes me wish Keith would make N/T again, and I usually don't like N/T's.

$2500 OR BEST OFFER for anyone that's interested.