1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Roscoe SKB basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by neptoon, Jan 12, 2001.

1. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, any of you guys tried out a roscoe skb? particularly a 6 or 7 string? one of the guys at a local shop down here in south GAWGUH says he can get me one for a pretty good deal (an SKB 7 string) but it would prolly be a while before he could get it down here for me to try out. any of guys have a basis for comparison? an opinion mebbe??

:eek: will the 4 string bass dood get a crazy monster? is he insecure about the size of his penis? heheh...don't answer that...

2. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    Hey Neptoon. I used to have a Keith Roscoe 5. It
    was a wonderful bass. I had to sell it to help pay
    for my Fodera. Check out his web site a roscoe guitars.com.
    Man....Good stuff!!!
    Dan

3. spoolie

spoolie

Nov 30, 2000
    Well Neptoon you're not getting any replies on the 6 or 7 thing so I'll give you one on a 4 string. It might have some relevance to your question. I've had a Roscoe SKB 4 for several years. All of Keith's basses have beautiful finishes and are very easy to play. They have what I would term a distinctive tone which many love but might not please everyone. It's somewhat compressed, deep and punchy. I think you should definately play one to make sure it's what YOU like. The customer service is very good so I wouldn't worry about any minor problems you might have - they will make it good. I live where they're made so I've got to play a few of them and the tone is pretty consistant across the whole line (4,5,6). I think it would be worth a trip to Atlanta or Jacksonville (whichever is closer) before you buy. I think both have Roscoe dealers but I'm not sure because the http://www.roscoeguitars.com site is down. Good Luck.