1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TRADED Roscoe SKB3006 Six String Koa-trades added

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ted burik, Dec 28, 2020.

1. ted burik

ted burik Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2006
    San Rafael CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    For Sale/Trade: 2006 Roscoe SKB3006 Six-String Flamed Koa

Recently picked up in trade, this is the penultimate SKB3006 for playability and tone. The Mahogany body yields awesome low-mid punch and tight lows; a sweet high end is offered through what looks like a Pau Ferro fingerboard (Keith wasn't sure of the fingerboard tone wood). The slightly tighter string spacing makes this bass a breeze to play across all strings. Tone is sculpted by a Bartolini 3-band preamp and Bartolini dual coil pickups-overall this makes for a classic Roscoe SKB sound.

The bass has been played and has normal wear and tear for a 14-year old bass that I've tried to capture in the pics. Any cracks you see are all limited to the finish, nothing structural that interferes with playing or tone. Will ship in a used but very sturdy soft-shell case. Only selling/trading as I just can't make a 35-inch scale -string any more.

Specs
    Mahogany body
    Rosewood/Pau Ferro fingerboard (?)
    Maple neck w/purpleheart streamer
    Highly figured Koa top and headstock
    35 inch scale
    Wooden nut
    Hipshot style A bridge
    String spacing at bridge: 17.5mm (can be adjusted down to 17mm)
    Bartolini 3-band preamp (vol/pan/mid/stacked bass & treble) pull on mid for eq freq selection
    Bartolini dual coil pickups
    Approx. 10lbs. 5oz.
    S/N 5172

$1995 shipped CONUS-PayPal OK. Trades Updated: only looking for specific items-MTD 634-24 or 534-24 plus cash on my end; possibly a Lakland 44-94/55-94, a nice 4/5 fretless, or Bergantino NXT112, NXT210, or NXT212. Happy to answer any questions here; please send offers via PM. Thanks for looking!

IMG_6171.jpeg IMG_6172.jpeg IMG_6174.jpeg IMG_6175.jpeg IMG_6177.jpeg IMG_6179.jpeg IMG_6181.jpeg IMG_6182.jpeg IMG_6185.jpeg IMG_6186.jpeg IMG_6187.jpeg IMG_6188.jpeg IMG_6190.jpeg IMG_6191.jpeg IMG_6192.jpeg IMG_6197.jpeg IMG_6198.jpeg IMG_6200.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  2. Jabba the bass

Jabba the bass Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2015
    Gorgeous skb Ted! Glwts!

ted burik likes this.
  3. kornilbass

kornilbass Supporting Member

May 30, 2011
    Thays not Wenge in the neck. Thats purple heart.

4. ted burik

Feb 22, 2006
    San Rafael CA
    Thanks for the info. Keith couldn’t locate records on the bass—are you sure it’s Purpleheart? The wood looks more brown to me.

5. Wenge is typically very chocolatey brown, I think this is purpleheart as well or maybe a one off? Usually they have solid records, but it is gorgeous! I doubt the stripe effects it tonally much that couldn't be eq'd out anyway

6. ted burik

Feb 22, 2006
    San Rafael CA
    I think you may be correct—looks redder in the pictures; however, it does appear more brown in person. Either way, as you say the bass sounds and plays great, with the neck stringer adding to stability and tone.

BTW—love your avatar!

7. kornilbass

kornilbass Supporting Member

May 30, 2011
    Purple heart as it ages darkens. So does Wenge. Wenger will go dark enough to seem black sometimes. Purple heart darkens to where it can almost look like Wenge. Roscoe is well know to offer purple heart in most of their basses necks. Wenge wouldn't be unheard of, but unusual. Thats purple heart.

ted burik likes this.
  8. ted burik

Feb 22, 2006
    San Rafael CA
    Thanks, kornilbass—consensus appears to be on purpleheart and I remember Keith echoing what you said about his neck tone woods. I’ve edited the specs accordingly.

9. Thanks, his name is Sinatra.

ted burik likes this.
  10. ted burik

Feb 22, 2006
    San Rafael CA
    Some great offers coming in; trades are updated—this beauty is still available...

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021