Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roscoe sound clips done.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    I have recorded some Sound clips from my Roscoe SKB-6, Finally .. I went direct into my computer using just sound recorder. I have a bandage on my right index finger so it threw me off a bit. but oh well. try not to be too harsh on me, althought I dont wear my emotions on my sleeve, I still have feelings :smug: also all settings on the bass are at the neutral positon.

pics of the actual bass...http://www.talkbass.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1877&password=0&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Description of bass....Diamond wood nut.
    18 volt Bart pre-amp
    The first of the two levels of Maple on the swamp ash body.
    neck..Three-piece maple/purpleheart/maple with accent veneers between the woods and graphite reinforcement
    finger board...
    Spalted Purpleheart:

1: Thankful......just some chording stuff I made up key B flat

2: Gospel-run...just a basic Walk in the Key of A-flat

3: Gospel-run2... a basic walk followed by me playing it in thirds..followed by some riff at the end. key A-flat

4:Gospel-run-7th..a basic walk followed by me playing the scale in 6ths, (I cant remember now, I am at work) for some of it. key A flat.

well, here is the link, thanks much to TB member LowtoneJoe for hosting these until I get this figured out.

http://lowtones.com/Fire-Starter

2. Very nice sounding bass you've got there :bassist:

3. Shiveringbass

Shiveringbass

Aug 21, 2005
    France
    Beside the noise of your sound card, incredible sounding bass !
    :)
    It lives up to Roscoe reputation "home of tone".

Could you give the details of your bass, it could helps some people : body woods, fingerboard, electronics ?

Thx and congrats again for that great bass and that nice playing
    :)

Sheers

Shiveringbass