1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Roscoe sound clips done.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    I have recorded some Sound clips from my Roscoe SKB-6, Finally .. I went direct into my computer using just sound recorder. I have a bandage on my right index finger so it threw me off a bit. but oh well. try not to be too harsh on me, althought I dont wear my emotions on my sleeve, I still have feelings :smug: also all settings on the bass are at the neutral positon.

pics of the actual bass...http://www.talkbass.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1877&password=0&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Description of bass....Diamond wood nut.
    18 volt Bart pre-amp
    The first of the two levels of Maple on the swamp ash body.
    neck..Three-piece maple/purpleheart/maple with accent veneers between the woods and graphite reinforcement
    finger board...
    Spalted Purpleheart:

1: Thankful......just some chording stuff I made up key B flat

2: Gospel-run...just a basic Walk in the Key of A-flat

3: Gospel-run2... a basic walk followed by me playing it in thirds..followed by some riff at the end. key A-flat

4:Gospel-run-7th..a basic walk followed by me playing the scale in 6ths, (I cant remember now, I am at work) for some of it. key A flat.

well, here is the link, thanks much to TB member LowtoneJoe for hosting these until I get this figured out.

http://lowtones.com/Fire-Starter

2. Very nice sounding bass you've got there :bassist:

3. Shiveringbass

Shiveringbass

Aug 21, 2005
    France
    Beside the noise of your sound card, incredible sounding bass !
    :)
    It lives up to Roscoe reputation "home of tone".

Could you give the details of your bass, it could helps some people : body woods, fingerboard, electronics ?

Thx and congrats again for that great bass and that nice playing
    :)

Sheers

Shiveringbass