Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roscoe string spacing

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, Mar 21, 2003.

1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    Greetings, can anyone please give me the string spacing on Roscoe 5 string basses at the bridge and at the neck? or what the spacing is compared to on a different type of bass

Thanks!:bassist:

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    you may want to use google.com to find the website to roscoe guitars and then you can simply email roscoe guitars if you don't find what you need in the website

;)

3. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    Thanks much guys, I must have over looked it the first time.:D

4. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    I have a 5 string roscoe on my site right now that measures 1 7/8 at the nut and a hair under 3" at the 24th.
    However I've had a number of Roscoe's come through and they have all been different neck profiles. I'm sure he uses a standard measurement but they all seem to come out a little different.

Good Luck,

5. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    For what its worth, even though the Hipshot bridge currently used on Roscoe's has adjustable width saddles, the Roscoe's (IMO) play better with 11/16" string spacing at the brdige. This allows sufficient room from the G & B strings to the edge of the neck. You can get a 3/4" string spacing but if you pull down much on the G string it'll pull over the edge of the FB.