Roscoe trade for fender.Is it a fair trade?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 11Bravo, Aug 24, 2005.

1. 11Bravo

11Bravo In That Pocket

Feb 4, 2005
    I have a roscoe lg-3005 with lots of upgrades.It costed $3750.I may trade it for a tobias killer B and a fender deluxe active jazz both are 5ers and on top of that i get $550.If this a good deal?
  2. jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ, that is not a good deal. roscoes are can get a crappy fender anytime. & I would much rather have a roscoe than a tobias....Unless its a real USA MTD...thats different.
  3. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I think it may be a fair deal. Killer B=700 at least. Depending on the fender, if its a usa that is at least 700 (just sold a fretless easily for 700). So 1400 plus 550? Sorry , but the LGs used do not go for that much these days. As much as
    I like them.....

Anyways, the question is are you looking for monetary value, or something to play. If its the latter, then hopefully you have tried out both axes considerable before.
  4. I don't think it is a good deal, and "costed" is not a word. :D
  5. +1

I think you're going to lose out getting rid of a Roscoe for that combination. You can get a Fender anytime, unless it's a rare pre-CBS model that's all original.

Also, this is a good point made by "costed". The list price may have been $3,750, but for a Roscoe to actually COST YOU $3,750, it would have to have gold inlays, L.E.D's on the fingerboard, endangered woods, John Entwistle's signature, remote start for your car, etc. (you get my idea). Add up their most expensive top and fingerboard -- is that the same woods that you have? It may LIST for $3750, but probably is not going to cost a consumer $3750.

STANDARD on a Roscoe is a matching wood on the headstock to the top, inlay at the 12th fret, black hardware, case....if you're counting these as options, you might be puffing up the price of the bass needlessly.

I have seen your ad on bassgear as well. You may not get that much response because you don't state what your "upgrades" are.

Hope this helps.