Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roscoe with basslines????????????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vene-nemesis, Aug 25, 2004.

1. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    I just found this used as new roscoe lg3005 that has basslines soapbars and basslines preamp, but didnt they came with the bartolini equipment????

2. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    If it was the maroon colored one on ebay, it was modified by the owner to the Basslines set-up. I don't believe that Keith is using Basslines at all in his basses.

3. Some of his early basses used EMG's. That's what mine has (~'94 timeframe).

4. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    According to what i know, now Keith only uses bartolini pick-ups, but he offers 2 Bart pre-amps, 2 Aguilar pre-amps, and atleast one Demeter preamp.

I've always wondered what a Roscoe would sound like with SDs...

5. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    Indiana
    My LG-2000 sounds great with EMG's. I'm thinking about popping an OBP-1 or Sadowsky preamp in there. Currently, I'm using it with my DB924 box.

I think the LG-3005 with Basslines would sound great. I had a Brubaker with Bassline soapbars and Basslines 3-band pre, and it could do no wrong.

6. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Keith has made a few with the SD's by customer request. He doesn't like the sound of them though.