Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roscoes are looking might good now

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by supernaut, Aug 6, 2003.

1. I got the chance to play a Roscoe today and man I was impressed with it. they had 2 in the store both LG-3005's. one had a quilt redis top and one had a maple burl top going on. I'm not sure if I prefer the fancy wood look or more finished look but I was very impressed with how the bass played and sounded. I don't think I can afford a new one but I think a used one around $1600 might be doable in the future. just thought I'd share. I still want to play a few other brands to be sure but the sound was just huge and it made my fingerstyle playing sound the best it ever has. and I really dug the slap tone too. kinda a modern sounding type effect on there and I didn't have to use any preamp stuff. if anyone knows of some places to check for used roscoes let me know. I saw some at bassnw and some at the classifieds here but want to see as much as I can. thanks.

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    www.bassgear.com

There's usually a Roscoe or two on there at any given time.

3. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI!

I've had 3 and they are the best value amongst boutique basses. You can usually find them used in the $1500 to $1800 range. I'd check with basscentral, bassnw, ebay, bassalone, bassgear, etc. I'd recommend one with the 3 band eq(rounder tone)

Rob