1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rose Bowl - the real treat of the bowl season

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Pilgrim, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Today's Rose Bowl is the one that matters to me. I know there are games played later this week, but they're irrelevant to me. I can't even tell you who's playing in them. Don't care.

The BCS is a pimple on the butt of college football, so I disregard it - unless it interferes with the Rose Bowl, which I think is highly regrettable.

Oregon is a team I love to hate, but they're PAC-12 and therefore, they're my team today. Also, Eugene Oregon is one of the coolest towns in the US, and they have a gorgeous campus. Wisconsin is a team that I really like, and Madison is a very nice city, with possibly the coolest student union building in the US. But they're from the wrong conference today. This should be a really good game, and I've been looking forward to it.

Yes, I confess. I'm a PAC-12 traditionalist. The Rose Bowl is THE game to me, and my alma mater has been there twice in the past 15 years. We hope to be back soon...and when we are, I'll be in the stands as I was in our last two appearances.

Meanwhile, I tip my hat to one of the few REAL bowl games, the always-named Grandaddy of Them All. :cool:

I gotta go watch the Rose Parade now. :D

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I like the Rose Bowl too. I went to the 1993 game where UM beat UW.

-Mike

3. Pilgrim

Hey, Mike...glad to see you post in this thread! Hope your move is treating you really well.

4. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    It's also (I think) one of the few, if not the only bowl that isn't the, for example, Summer's Eve Feminine Wash, Hail to the V, Rose Bowl.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    It is sponsored now. :(

At least they say it at the end. The Rose Bowl brought to you by Vizio. I think it was AT&T at one point.

-Mike

6. Pilgrim

Yup. At least they got the deal made to keep the Rose Bowl name, say it first, and follow it with the sponsor.

7. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    Tonight has all 3 games I plan on catching today: The Winter Classic, The Rose Bowl, and the Fiesta Bowl.

8. Pilgrim

I just watched Michigan State beat Georgia in triple OT, and am settling into the Rose Bowl.

FANTASTIC game between Michigan State and Georgia. Congrats to the Spartans!

9. Passinwind

Passinwind I am Passinwind and some of you are not. Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Yay Ducks. In spite of all all the offense, defense won the game in the end. Barely though...:cool: