1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rosewood Neck Sound Test (limited edition Shell Pink JB)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fxpmusic, Jan 3, 2019.

1. S.F.Sorrow

S.F.Sorrow

Dec 6, 2014
    That thing sounds fat even on my laptop speakers! And even better on headphones. Thanks for posting!:thumbsup:

Fxpmusic likes this.
  2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Very nice that was nice and warm almost had a P vibe to it.

jd56hawk likes this.
  3. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Definitely darker.

I had one of the Musicmans Ltd Ed with solid rosewood necks and I didn't like it at all... the neck made it too dark. I was forever adding more treble and still not getting some of the normal signature from even a Musicman.

Love the look of the Jazz Bass, and love shell pink.

4. Sub-hoo-fer

Sub-hoo-fer

Nov 27, 2015
    Virginia
    I want to hear the rest of the second song!!!

5. Fxpmusic

Fxpmusic

Jul 5, 2013
    Me too! When I figure out where to go with it lol. My horn guys are coming up with stuff.

6. Fxpmusic

Fxpmusic

Jul 5, 2013
    Ha. I’m dealing with sinus bs myself. Maybe I channeled that?

7. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    I'll be checking out both the Jazz and Precision bass this week.
    First time I've been excited about a new Fender in quite some time, not counting the Traditional '60s Midnight P bass.

Fxpmusic likes this.
  8. Fxpmusic

Fxpmusic

Jul 5, 2013
    I checked out the P a few weeks ago. I already had the J in layaway at another store. It was awful... (that’s what I said to myself 20 times in a row) I put it down and ran as fast as I could. Sat in the car a looked a pictures of my children and thought about their need to be fed.

jd56hawk and HD007 like this.
  9. edbass

edbass

Nov 8, 2004
    Yes darker, no question about it. I've been A-B-C'ing this bass with my US Jazz and US Precisions for a week. Still voiced like a Jazz, yet indeed has a distinctly P vibe. It's it's own thing, almost like a unique hybrid cross breeding thing going on tonally.

Spot on. This thing sounds absolutely outstanding.

Perfect excuse for buying it beyond the bitchin' neck, which is a thing of beauty; neck, headstock and fretboard all one slab of rosewood, and I think it's unfinished natural wood, however wood is not one of my "things", so take that observation with a grain of salt. ;)

Rosewood%20Jazz%203_zpsj3bxqyti.

It feels phenomenal, not just texture, but kinda "worn in" comfortable as well.

HD007, SirMjac28 and Fxpmusic like this.
  10. Fxpmusic

Fxpmusic

Jul 5, 2013
    Yup. That’s exactly what got me gassing. It melted in my hand when I tried it out.

HD007 likes this.
  11. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    I have a feeling these will sell out.