1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rosin Fingers; Electric Stickman

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by jeromebass, Mar 24, 2009.

1. jeromebass

jeromebass

Mar 6, 2008
    Arcata, CA
    Anyone else out there have sticky rosin fingers after using a bow on the double bass and then start playing the electric? :bassist: I love the tone I get with the sticky fingers. It goes away after a bit though. I am tempted to just rosin up my electric bass strings and see how it feels. I don't want to ruin my new strings though. Are there any products people use on their fingers to make them kinda "pop", other than rosin? :confused:

2. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Hunh.
    I don't have rosiny fingers cause my fingers generally don't come in contact with the part of the bow that has the rosin on it.

If you like the sound, I might suggest using the rosin on your fingers rather than the strings. It won't take as long to apply.

3. jeromebass

jeromebass

Mar 6, 2008
    Arcata, CA
    Yea, i got it on my fingers after wiping off my upright. I may have been a little crazy with the rosin that day too, lol. I am thinking of making some rosin powder to use on my hands. Hell, there are plenty of sports where people use things for their hands. Why cant bassists?

4. Alduroth

Alduroth

Mar 3, 2009
    baby powder works too (I've heard)