Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rotary Switch Wiring Diagram

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by sotua, Apr 4, 2005.

1. sotua

sotua

Sep 20, 2004
    US Northeast
    Hi,

I'm currently looking at wiring my bass (single coil j-bass clone) like this: Master Volume, Master Tone, Rotary Selector Switch with the switch providing:

1.-Neck only
    2.-Both pickups, series
    3.-Both pickups, parallel
    4.-Bridge only

I'd like the switch to be a rotary switch so I don't have to drill extra holes in my bass.

Does anybody have a wiring diagram for this setup?

(I've searched talkbass, but all I have found is evidence that it can be done, but no actual diagrams or links. Also, I have found out that Mr. Dingwall offers this as a wiring harness for sale, but, being more than halfway around the globe from the dingwall facilities, I'd rather have the diagram and try to implement it with locally acquired hardware :))

2. sotua

sotua

Sep 20, 2004
    US Northeast
    Anybody?

(btw, I found out that Dingwall sells his for US$20 + US$5 shipping, but not currently in stock :()

3. to my knowledge, you cant do the series on a rotary switch, you could get a 3 way gibson style switch and get a push/pull pot (for volume or whatever) to switch between series and parallel. you can wire it so that when you pull it, no matter what is selected on the 3 way switch, it will put the pickups in series (just bypasses the switch)