1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rotary Switch Wiring Diagram

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by sotua, Apr 4, 2005.

1. sotua

sotua

Sep 20, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Hi,

I'm currently looking at wiring my bass (single coil j-bass clone) like this: Master Volume, Master Tone, Rotary Selector Switch with the switch providing:

1.-Neck only
    2.-Both pickups, series
    3.-Both pickups, parallel
    4.-Bridge only

I'd like the switch to be a rotary switch so I don't have to drill extra holes in my bass.

Does anybody have a wiring diagram for this setup?

(I've searched talkbass, but all I have found is evidence that it can be done, but no actual diagrams or links. Also, I have found out that Mr. Dingwall offers this as a wiring harness for sale, but, being more than halfway around the globe from the dingwall facilities, I'd rather have the diagram and try to implement it with locally acquired hardware :))

2. sotua

sotua

Sep 20, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Anybody?

(btw, I found out that Dingwall sells his for US$20 + US$5 shipping, but not currently in stock :()

3. to my knowledge, you cant do the series on a rotary switch, you could get a 3 way gibson style switch and get a push/pull pot (for volume or whatever) to switch between series and parallel. you can wire it so that when you pull it, no matter what is selected on the 3 way switch, it will put the pickups in series (just bypasses the switch)