Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roth de Jacques bridge?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by phatcactus, May 7, 2004.

1. phatcactus

phatcactus

Apr 2, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Anybody ever heard of a Roth de Jacques bridge? It's got self-adjusting feet that swivel to match the top of the bass. I can't find much (any) information on the internet, and I'm wondering how much I should sell it for. I'd really prefer a more traditional adjustable bridge.

Thanks!

2. The de Jacques bridges were a big item back in the 60's and 70's ( and maybe a little latter). They were marketed heavily to schools and music stores that did not have trained luthiers. The came in 3 heights and atleast 2 sizes. They were not very good simply because despite having a swivel on the feet, the bridge to top contact area was far from perfect and the curvature of the top seldom matched the curvature of the fingerboard. Fortunately, most of those left are in the junk drawers of luthiers who took them off to fit a proper bridge. I don't miss them!

3. Wyzird05

Wyzird05

Dec 1, 2003
    South Bend, IN
    I've seen some Aubert bridges modified by Glaesel (Selmer USA) and they sell for the steep price of $129. YIKES!

4. phatcactus

phatcactus

Apr 2, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Bah, well that is a shame. I didn't pay too much for it, so I will continue my search for a normal bridge. Thanks.