1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rotherham Jazz and Blues Club

Discussion in 'Ask Janek Gwizdala' started by timboness, May 1, 2009.

1. timboness

timboness

May 1, 2009
    Hi Janek, Just like to say I thought your gig in Rotherham was awesome. Just wondering whether that particular gig will be available on artonearth or whether the London gig will be available?
    Cheers Tim

2. timboness

timboness

May 1, 2009
    No worries, I'm just downloading the album now - can't wait to here it!

3. wade_b

wade_b

Jul 8, 2008
    Janek hasn't posted in over a month, since he got a lot of flak after stating his opinion of certain aspects of Richard Bona's playing.

I hope the armchair critics didn't run him off.

Janek, if you're reading this: I for one appreciate your insights and honesty.

I'm nowhere near the level of player and musician you are, but I still feel like I can learn some insights from gigging pros like yourself.

I'd like to think that the "silent majority" also feels this way.

Peace.

4. janekbass

janekbass

Jan 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Founder and CEO of http://bassstudio.janekgwizdala.com
    well I actually haven't posted in over a month because I've been on tour non stop, and haven't had a spare second to get to any of the posts.

The armchair critics don't phase me in the slightest. It's pointless to get wrapped up in nonsense like that no matter how mad it might make you, and no matter how far someone is missing the point by. After all, everyone is entitled to their opinion and we all have to live with that.

And yeah, I uploaded the Rotherham gig to www.artonearth.com along with all the others from the UK portion of our recent european tour, and am right in the middle of editing and uploading the shows from Zurich, Oslo, Bergen, and Barcelona which will all be available this week.

I'll make a new post to announce it when they're all up.

Easy,

Janek

5. Janek, not to derail the thread but I purchased a show from the store on your website and haven't received my email back from you. I know you've been super busy so I haven't said anything about it.

Have you moved everything over to Art On Earth or is the store on your site still up and running?

6. janekbass

janekbass

Jan 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    bernie,

so sorry about that, please email the paypal receipt and I'll email you the info as soon as I get it. I don't know how that slipped through the cracks.

Easy,

Janek

P.S. I'm moving everything over to www.artonearth.com which I've been working on for the past two years with these incredible cats from Norway. The whole system is automated and runs more like iTunes, but in your web browser. Check it out and let me know what you think, any feedback is critical in this beta testing period of the site so we can accommodate requests in making the site run the best way possible for artists.

7. False alarm. I apologize for the erroneous post. It was a goof in my email inbox. I actually do have the links and I'll download the shows when I get home later. Thanks for the willingness to make it right quickly. Sorry again.. :rolleyes:

I'll give Art on Earth a run soon and report back with what I think. Can't wait. I love your music!

8. Mike McGibney

Mike McGibney Not impossible ... Inevitable

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.
    Hi Janek. I understand AOE is in testing phase - any chance of accepting payment by paypal? Would be a lot easier for many people!

9. middlebit

middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    København
    I purchased some tracks off your live albums but it won't let me download. I understand the part about it not appearing in a browser or such - problem is the files don't appear either. I've mailed tech for help.

10. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

How times have changed - this thread made me really think about the change in the relationship between artists/bands and their audience!

I can't imagine some of the bands I saw in the 70s, being together enough to manage "customer service"....:p

I am truly impressed and have nothing but admiration for guys like Janek who can do it all...!

11. janekbass

janekbass

Jan 28, 2004
    Los Angeles

that is most strange, this is the first time I've heard of this happening, I'll make sure technical support tends to your request right away.

Easy,

Janek

12. janekbass

janekbass

Jan 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I actually think that to have any kind of success in this day and age you don't have much of a choice but to do it all.

There are a very few people who get extremely lucky and fall into situations that last their entire lives in terms of work and success, but we're talking about maybe 10 people total in the world. The rest of us have to tend to whatever avenues of opportunity are open, and just work hard at what we do to succeed. I think the audience is one of the biggest factors, and neglecting that side of the music will damage your reputation and your career. And with a laptop and a wifi connection it's really not rocket science staying in touch with people.

I must admit, my touch typing skills have improved beyond recognition over the past few years with all the online activity, so if the music thing doesn't pan out I'm going to be a kick ass secretary for someone!

Easy,

Janek

13. Haha, I love it! But I think you've got a handle on the music stuff.. ;) :D

14. middlebit

middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    København
    Problem solved, whatever it was. Thanks, Janek!

15. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I suppose 2-handed tapping is a bit like touch-typing - maybe there is a common skill set!!?? :p