1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rothwell Love Squeeze

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by pearcey, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Just got mine yesterday and tried it out, and had to post to say how much I like it. I wanted to get a fat sound, and a bit of control over my imperfect dynamic technique. Did a bit of research on Bongomania's site and got the RLS.

I've 2 other compressors - one on my BBE pre-amp, which I like, but I can't really use on other amps without carrying around my whole rack. There is a bit of economic reality, in that the RLS would cost at least $300 or so if bought over here, and the whole BBE not far off that, so it's a bit unfair to compare. Each has a slightly different sound/tone and I just prefer the RLS

I've a rack compressor - Australian Monitor - but just haven't really got on with it. There's a lot of knobs, and I haven't yet been able to get exactly the right setting!

The RLS was exactly what I was looking for; transparent, smooth control from no compression to a fat controlled sound, making my playing sound better than my technique (which I am working on) justifies. It's really chunky and pleasingly designed. I always appreciate a 9V standard PS too.

Just thought I'd say...

2. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    I'm planning on picking up one of these, too. Seems to be a great unit.