1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Roto Solobass 55 -VS- Daddario 1/2 rounds

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by vintager, Nov 29, 2006.

1. vintager

vintager

Jan 29, 2005
    Slovakia
    Hi,

I have to decide between these two since they are only possible half/pressure/ground -wound to get around here.

Experience with both anyone? A bit of comparsion in terms of sound, tension, feel and durability would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

mike

2. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    I've used both, but it was a long time ago when I used the Solo Bass set. I still use Half Rounds. They feel smooth to the touch. As I recall, the Solo Bass had a bit more of a textured feel, but they were much smoother than the Rotosound Swing Bass set. IMO the Solo Bass strings had more of a lively sound compared to the Half Rounds, the Half Rounds had a slightly longer span overall.

3. vintager

vintager

Jan 29, 2005
    Slovakia
    Thanks Arthur,

so it seems that D'addarios are more on the 'flat' side than Rotos.
    My dillema is still there, because few years ago i started to play flats and i like their smooth punch a lot but i miss definitoin in chords. It looks i'll go with Dads..