Rotosound Bronze Reveiw

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Microbass, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Well, after the strings that Dude sent me a few days ago, I've rehersed twice with them - big thumbs up!

As packet says; they are bright, and have a great feel! Oh, and when they say longscale, they mean it! ;)

I'm personally looking for a more crunchier and punchier string, of which the Bronze don't very well give me, but I still like them - a nice bright with a little punch and clean-metal sound, trebley?(is that a word??? :p)
    The feel is nice and smooth, I definatly love them, even though they don't give my "perfect sound". They are also easy to slide on.

Overall, I give them 8/10 ! [​IMG]
    I guess this wasn't the greates reveiw.. So if any questions I'm happy to answe!
    Thanks again, Dude! :)
  2. I like Rotosound jazz flats on my defretted Hohner acoustic, but the volume isn't great (enough to annoy the neighbours through the wall when practising at home, but not to compete with a guitarist)- so I'm wondering if anyone does bronze flatwounds?
  3. Hmm.. I've been through a few sets of strings, and I'd have to say that this set are a bit quieter than my previous DR slowound sets. Not by a lot, but not as loud.
  4. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    You're very welcome Micro! Thanks for the review!
  5. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    ps: Another one of my manufacturers has been working on a prototype bronze string for a while now with the guidance of a well known celeb player who's known to be a perfectionist...can't say anything at this point but I hear they're coming soon!
  6. so these strings have an outer bronze wrap and an inner ferrous wrap and core- therefore the pickup senses only the core and inner wrap= less plugged in volume than conventional 100% ferrous strings of the same gauge?

but the acoustic volume of bronze strings is higher?
  7. I said quiter??

And my DR sets weren't bronze - I don't what you menat.. :confused:
  8. Heh.. Is that an offer? :p;)