Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rotosound confusion

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Henko, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Henko

Henko

Oct 15, 2002
    Sweden
    I'm searching for a good nickel roundwound and read the Bassplayer Wind tasting from 2004. The strings under "Pure Nickel" caught my attention, especially the "Rotosound Pure Nickel". What are they? Are they identical with the "Rotosound Swing Bass Nickel" listed under "Nickel plated steel"

I couldn't find any info about any "Pure Nickels" at www.Rotosound.com. Does anyone know about these pure nickels? They seem interesting.

2. FatCity

FatCity

Apr 30, 2002
    Lexington, SC
    Endorsing Artist: Howard's Crispy Fried Chicken Skins
    The Roto nickel swing bass packaging says "Pure Nickel" on it. I was confused by the string review as well. I have used these and they are great strings IMHO. They are SM 66N's and come in blue packaging with blue silk ends.

3. The usual Rotosounds in the orange package (RS66) are stainless; they also have the RS66-N which are nickel plated.

I use RB45 which according to them are the same strings only not silked at the ends.

I believe that's the only nickel roundwounds they make, so its either RS66 with silk or RB without.