Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rotosound Funkmasters.. again

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    When I firsted used them, I put them on my Warwick thumb and the sound and playability was amazing. I had a spare pack lying around so I put them on my new essex... The bass plays, sounds, and feels amazing. So easy to play, great to slap on, and simply looks great too. I kept trying to try new strings, but in the end I always go back to the rotos. The bad part will be ordering rotos for the 7 string soon to be. ;)

2. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    Yeah, Whafro, I'm with you on the Rotos, I've tried just about every string out there and keep coming back to them. Should be no problem with getting 7 string sets. Are you going low or high with that 7th string?

Slug

3. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Denmark
    Where do you get those 7-string sets ???

4. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    high. BEADGCF

5. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I have to buy like 3 different sets to get the 7 strings I need, or custom order them. I'll go with option numbuh two.

6. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    I really don't know much about extended range basses, would you use a wound .020 or a plain .020 for that F string? I know
    the .020 wound won't tune to G. Maybe it will tune to F. Do you have to use a plain .020 for the F?

Slug

7. Aren't the tension awfully low on those strings? Or is it what makes playabillity so great?

8. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Yes. They're .30 .50 .70 and .90. Really low tension, but AMAZING slap tone and finger tone. So easy to play, the bass plays itself.