Rotosound Lights?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by SGT. Pepper, Jan 28, 2006.

1. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Did anyone ever use Rotosound light guage strings 40-60-75-95 ?
    If so how are they? I know Rotos are stiffer than other strings so the point of my question is are they floppy in the aformentioned guage?
  2. The Roto lights you listed have been my primary strings for almost 30 yrs. IMHO they seem to have a bit less tension than many other brands in a similar guage. I like that the E & A (especially the E) don't over power the other strings. Thery're also nice & easy on the left hand. They are the only guage I use on my 4003 & Alembic. When I want to get that "old" Van Halen or Kansas sound, I'll use 'em on my P as well.

Well worth a try if you're looking to go lighter.
  3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

I used the RS 66LB 35-55-70-90 set on my Ric... I'm putting a set on my 32" scale Ibanez Destroyer when I'm done rebuilding it. Fun strings to play on!
  4. joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    I used RS66's for years-They are a real nice, east to play set. I'm sure you'll like them.
  5. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    How are they on your frets?
  6. DemoEtc

Aug 18, 2004
    I use the flatwound .040-.095 medium scales on my Turser and the long scales on my Squier P-Bass Special.

No complaints as to sound or fretwear.

I'll probably get the roundwound version for my 5-string when I change them out in the future - the nickels.

As far as floppy, it's like fishinmuzician said; you don't have to play that hard - let the amp do the work :)