1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rotosound NEXUS Polymer coated strings!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by CrimsonGhost, Oct 1, 2008.

1. CrimsonGhost

CrimsonGhost

Nov 14, 2000
    They finally jumped on the bandwagon of coated strings, anyone seen them in the wild yet? they are black polymer coated..

Reminds me of the rotosound "Spacers" from the early 90s that Duff mckagen endorsed, they looked cool as hell with there multi colored silks.

2. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

Oh those ones, I heard that Rotosound were bringing back spacers. I thought they were going to call them that too.

Id love to see them at least, any idea on price?

3. fetfet

fetfet

Apr 13, 2008
    Toronto, ON
    What did the Spacers sound like? I'm pretty interested in them.

4. CrimsonGhost

CrimsonGhost

Nov 14, 2000
    I have been looking for a set of spacers since like 1992!, I got a message back from Jason at Rotosound a few months ago saying that they WERE INDEED bringing back the original spacers, But perhaps he was confused with this new set?

5. Howie Duitt

Howie Duitt

Apr 10, 2009
    Not yet... but I have a set ordered and should have'em by Saturday. The concept sounds great, but we'll see. I'll let you know.

6. Howie Duitt

Howie Duitt

Apr 10, 2009
    $29.95 at stringsandbeyond.com

7. ninchi

ninchi

Apr 24, 2007
    Have anybody tried this strings? How they sounds? Tension? Are they longlife?
    Regards,
    Nino

8. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Bump...anyone tried these yet? Compared them to other coated strings?

9. I had used a set of NEXUS strings a few months ago. I liked them but they are not suitable for everything. I found them to be overly middy and nasal. Sometimes you want it, sometimes you don't.

So... you just have to try them out :)

I went back to Rotosound RS66 and DR LoRiders.

10. chadhargis

chadhargis Jack of all grooves, master of none Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    I think all Elixer strings are coated, but I could be mistaken.