1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rotosound question about new strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Psychobassguy, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Psychobassguy

Psychobassguy Banned

Oct 14, 2013
    Sneedville
    Hey all, I have a question for anybody with a lot of experience with Rotosound Rounds. I stopped playing for a long time, over ten years, and when I went to get new strings I couldn't find the Rotosounds I used to get all the time. They came in an orange envelope and were medium gauge I believe. There are all kinds of other new Rotosound strings out there and I want to make sure that I get the ones I like because it took me a long time to find strings that had the tone and feel I liked. I did a search but all the different numbers just confused me. I'm looking for four and five string sets. Thanks in advance.

2. vbchaos

vbchaos

Sep 5, 2011
    Groningen, The Netherlands
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
  3. Psychobassguy

Psychobassguy Banned

Oct 14, 2013
    Sneedville
    Thank you! It's much easier to find an amp part in the Mouser catalog than it is to make sense of string model numbers... especially when you only buy them every fifteen years or so!

4. extreme

extreme Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2000
    The RS66LD is probably what you have/had...that's the standard. There are other gauges available such as RS66LC or RS66LE if you want lighter or heavier strings.