Rotosound strings and fender strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by basspunk2005, Aug 6, 2005.

1. basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    I usually use Fender Nickle Plated Super Bass strings which are very good, would the Roto Bass Nickel Plated Roundwound
    be practically the same?I know they are from a different company but has any had any experiance with Rotosound nickle plated bass strings. I usually pay aound £14 for the fenders and i have found where i can pay £9 for the roto sounds. Are the roto sounds 9pounds because they are crap?thanks
  2. WillBuckingham

Mar 30, 2005
    Rotosounds are not crap, they are great, reasonably priced strings. I've never played the nickel plated ones though.
  3. basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    i have played the swing bass roto ones but just woundered what the nickle ones where like as they are only 9quid. I like the fender nickle plated super bass strings so i was woundering if the same sort of string but just cheaper would still do the job if not do it better
  4. glwanabe

glwanabe Guest

Apr 21, 2002
    I found the Roto nickels to be a little brighter than the Fenders. I prefer the Fender's to the Roto's because of the deeper bass response. I did not like them very much on the bass I had them on, so only used them for about a week before taking them off. This was about two years ago when I had a Precision. I have not used Fender strings for about a year. I usually use Swingbass Stainless or GHS boomers on my Jazz. With the GHS getting most of my round needs taken care of.