1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rotosound Swing Bass 66 RS66LDN Nickel roundwound

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by keith1r, Feb 16, 2020.

1. keith1r

keith1r Supporting Member

Aug 4, 2009
    2E35B491-CF33-42D1-AF18-75CB9D6319E5.jpeg I put a set of Rotosound Swing Bass 66 RS66LDN NIckel roundwound strings on one of my jazz basses.
    I have to say they are the most balanced tone wise set I’ve ever used
    More balanced sound and tension wise than the Rotosound steel strings and D’Addario, DR, GHS Boomers and Ernie Ball. They feel like a round core string tension wise.
    Just had them on for a short time so I don’t know how they long they will hold up.
    Anyone use these and know any other strings that compare?

jwoiton, trothwell and e-flat like this.
  2. trothwell

trothwell

Apr 9, 2008
    I have used them, and think very highly of them. Another set that I find comparable in tonal quality is GHS Balanced Nickels. The Rotosounds are a little brighter, and have a bit of the Rotosound punch and edginess to them, whereas the GHS Balanced Nickels are more smooth sounding (and more smooth feeling), and have better low end response.

I have gravitated toward preferring the GHS set, but I would sure not say no to using these Rotosounds either!

As always, your bass, pickups, amplifier, hands, playing style, and expectations may differ from mine. :)

3. I haven't tried Nickel Rotosounds but I will say that Marcus Miller signature Dunlop Super Brights reminded me of Rotosound 66s steel but with better longevity of tone. I don't believe they make the MM DSBs in nickel, however.

BrentSimons likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 24, 2020