1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rotosound Swingbass B string?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Willem, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    Rotosound seems to be the only string manufacturer who has a 4 string BEAD set. I really liked the roto's when I played EADG, and I find it such a shame to buy a 5 string set and trow the Gstring away. It's a real waist in my opinion... So do the Rotos have a good B string? I tune a half step down and have a neckthrough 35" bass...

Thanks

2. I find B string in Roto Swings very loose and quieter than other strings. My bass is Ibanez BTB555 (35''). I think that You should buy Sadowsky Stainless Steel strings for a 5 string bass, they are great and B string is like a big bell;)

3. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    bump

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I dunno, I'm using the 5 string Roto's, .130 B string, on a Gibson Tbird, and it sounds great to me.

5. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    I have not played Rotos for a very long time. But I recall thinking that the Sadowsky Steels were in the Roto neighborhood. And they seemed to hold the growl for a while and have a great B string.