Rotosound Swingbass

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by xtbs7645x, Feb 19, 2006.

1. xtbs7645x

Dec 9, 2005
    i just recently bought some, i heard good reviews on them, but im not sure, they have a pretty good deep tone.. and are getting smoother, but there pretty loud, anyone else hearing this. do you think i should try them out a little longer? i also have been looking fender 9050'sM flatwounds, should i switch?
  2. I've got them on my best bass - they sound brill! Leave them on till they go completely dead then you'll see how nice they are...:cool:
  3. RSchuster

Jan 27, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    RS66's are great strings. They'll mellow out a bit after a few weeks . . . just keep playing them.
  4. i bought my first set in 1979. i use RN 66LD's, 45-105. when new, they jump out at you. but, like a new haircut, they get better with age. Rotosound is, my sound. check out their website. it has sound samples of all their strings. :cool:
  5. xtbs7645x

Dec 9, 2005
    yeah they are sounding better, but i think i liked my Ernie Ball strings better, im still extremely tempted to try some flatwounds.
  6. boris

Dec 15, 2005
    Try Rotosound RS77 flatwounds. I have them on both my fretted and fretless basses. They have an all around smooth feel and sound. The lows are deep and the highs are bright, but not too bright in contrast with the lows. They sound great but they only problem is that they seem to go dead quickly (2-3 months). I have also tried the Fender 9050, they too are good strings but i have always been a rotosound guy.
  7. amistybleu

Jan 15, 2006
    Thornton, CO
    Just replaced a pair of elixer Nano's with Roto Swing 66LD's, I have only played it on my little practice amp so far, WOW, cant wait to get'em on the big rig.:bassist:

I have determined that I do not like Elixer Nano's because they crash hard, and the fraying is unacceptable:rollno: