1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rotosound Tru Bass 88 - Listen

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by BobWestbrook, Apr 3, 2006.

1. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr. Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
  2. havik180

havik180

Oct 9, 2005
    SF bay area
    the link isn't working for me

3. psi

psi

Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
    doesn't work here either

4. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr. Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
    Sorry about that - trying an attachment instead - does this work?

5. I put a set of Tru-Bass on a SB-1 and got a good Macca vibe, real "w i d e" tone.

Only paid $18 for the set.

Might try a set on my Spectorcore fretless, now that you've reminded me about them. Thanks.

6. arizonabass

arizonabass

Feb 6, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    :) Yep, that works. Sounds nice. Let's see how they sound on my new Rob Allen (equipped with 88's) that is due here today.

7. arizonabass

arizonabass

Feb 6, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    Especially if I pluck over the 12th fret on the Rob Allen mb-2 4-string, the sound is as "string bassy" as I've ever heard from an electric. I'm amazed and thrilled! I can even *feel* the bass in the body of the instrument when playing low notes.

8. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

:)

Time to post a picture of that bass! I you aren't able to do it, resend a picture or two to me through email and I'll start a thread in your name and post it for you.:bassist:

9. arizonabass

arizonabass

Feb 6, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    OK, thanks. Gawd, this bass is amazing. I'll plan to take some photos of it this weekend. The SOUND is nothing like what's on the RA website, nor anything like what one or two talkbass posters have posted. It's rich and deep, not thin.