Rotosounds on my Ray

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Circus, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Hey everyone, I was just looking at the site for a local store ( in edmonton, about a half hour drive for me) and was wondering what kind of experience people have had with some of these strings on a stingray. I have had GHS, D'Addario, DR, and EB strings on my bass. I was going to try the rotosounds simply because I won't have a chance to get into the city this week, and would like to have some new strings for the weekend. I want a string that is comfortable, and will also last a fair amount of time. Thanks! The store stocks GHS, EB, Hartke, Rotosound, Peavey, Dingwall, and of course Rotosound strings.

The main thing is a string that is comfortable to play, and that will sound good for a decent amount of time. If you have any other suggestions, like trying flats on a ray which I have heard of, let me know. Thanks!
  2. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    I use Rotosounds on my Ray exclusively.

3. I have a set of Swing Bass 66s on my fretted Stingray 4. Fingerstyle is nice and powerful and slaping is clear and sharp.
    I like. And it's even got a maple neck!
  4. andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    I prefer EB's Ultra Slinky (.040 gauge). And even more comparing to any Rotosounds (which I hate). EB strings and my SR5 love each other!!!!