Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rotosounds on my Ray

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Circus, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Hey everyone, I was just looking at the site for a local store ( in edmonton, about a half hour drive for me) and was wondering what kind of experience people have had with some of these strings on a stingray. I have had GHS, D'Addario, DR, and EB strings on my bass. I was going to try the rotosounds simply because I won't have a chance to get into the city this week, and would like to have some new strings for the weekend. I want a string that is comfortable, and will also last a fair amount of time. Thanks! The store stocks GHS, EB, Hartke, Rotosound, Peavey, Dingwall, and of course Rotosound strings.

The main thing is a string that is comfortable to play, and that will sound good for a decent amount of time. If you have any other suggestions, like trying flats on a ray which I have heard of, let me know. Thanks!

2. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    I use Rotosounds on my Ray exclusively.

Slug

3. I have a set of Swing Bass 66s on my fretted Stingray 4. Fingerstyle is nice and powerful and slaping is clear and sharp.
    I like. And it's even got a maple neck!

4. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    I prefer EB's Ultra Slinky (.040 gauge). And even more comparing to any Rotosounds (which I hate). EB strings and my SR5 love each other!!!!

ANDRUCA