1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rotosounds + Spector Rebop 4

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by jacobrownoly, Apr 4, 2009.

1. jacobrownoly

jacobrownoly

Jun 16, 2007
    Hi,:) I own a Spector Rebop 4 bass with EMG-HZ pickups(an awesome bass), I use Standard Rotosounds strings but I am not sure if they are they are the right stings for me, I play in quite a few bands and I am on a music course at college so I play my bass ALL the time:bassist:

My question is, how often should you be changing your strings if u are playing ALOT????

I ask this becasue when I change my strings and put new rotosounds on my bass it sounds Amazing, but after 2 or 3 weeks the sound just goes really dull and it sounds really nasty, I wash my hands before I play and I wipe my bass down after I have finished playing with her:eek:;).

I cant really afford to buy new strings every 2 weeks or so, so I just boil em:meh: making them sound new for a few days.

Is this a common thing for bass players strings to go lifeless if u play alot or is there somthing to it.:bag:

Thanks

Jack:hyper:

2. I have a bass with EMG-HZ pickups, and Rotosound kind of disappointed me (that red fuzz got annoying as well). I like the Ernie Ball Slinkies... they last forever.

3. Maybe try the stock spector strings?